Monday, December 6, 2010

Common Sleep Disturbances-Bed Bugs


Aside from the very many sleep disturbances that can occur we will talk about one that has been getting many people irritated lately. Largely because it is small and can travel far distances and likes to settle in your mattress and bedding.

What I am talking about is bed bugs. I recently got back from a business trip and brought back these pesty creatures. Even though I stayed in a good hotel, I guess it didn’t matter. I have been suffering from sleep problems ever since. We tried to avoid getting an exterminator to do a fumigation because of the horror stories we have heard and the huge bills people had to pay to get rid of them. To get rid of the bed bugs I did a lot of online research and got a plan together to tackle the issue at hand.


We found that mattress covers can help with bed bugs already found on the mattress, and only partial control thereafter. Encasements will not stop bed bugs from crawling onto your sheets and blankets from behind headboards. Mattresses, upholstered furniture, and cushions can be treated with dry heat. It is best to use two professional-grade steamers with low vapor flow rates, each with one-gallon capacities.

Even though this did seem to work in the beginning we did miss many spots and the bed bugs came back. Thank god we found the bed bug exterminator we did who actually knew what he was doing and came to treat the infestation.

He found that we had missed many spots and he did the job properly. Since then I have been able to sleep normally again and I feel rested and relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. I like your post...Bed bugs have gotten bad! I've been reading a lot of material from http://www.pestmanagementinc.com/ on bed bugs. You should check it out.Bed Bugs Heat

    ReplyDelete